The Palazzo Assessorile stands in the historic centre of Cles, the capital of the Val di Non, at the entrance to Via Roma.
Its current structure is the result of a reconstruction in the 15th century of the oldest 13th century tower which stood on this site. The southern face retains its Guelph crenelations, arrow loops, machicolations and Gothic four foil mullioned windows. The second floor is embellished with a serious of mid-1500s frescoes, evidence of the popularity Trentino of grotesque decoration in the same style as the paintings adorning Castel del Buonconsiglio in Trento. Also on the second floor there are the vestibule rooms, decorated with the heraldic colours of the Cles family: red and white. One of the most precious is the Sala del Giudizio, the hall of justice, where from 1679 the legal functions of the valley are been conducted, with a fresco representing the allegory of Friendship and a whole series of moral allegories.
For more info call 0463 421376 / 0463 662090